Ljubljana Ludum Dare #43 Game Jam
Ahoy game makers!
We are back again with another game jam 😀
So join us for the on-site Ludum Dare Game Jam in Ljubljana, where you will try and make games in 36 hours.
The exact start of the event is at 1.12. at 08:00 and end of the event is at 2.12. at 20:00. The detailed schedule is going to be announced later.
Location of the event is at ABC Hub in BTC. They were so nice to provide us with the place. There will be space for making games, sleeping, eating (internal kitchen) and also toilets. For more questions see Q&A.
Please register for the event through Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ljubljana-ludum-dare-43-game-jam-tickets-51448715493
so that I can expect how many people will come. You can also RSVP at Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/SloGameDev/events/255573827/
== Q & A ==
Q: What is Ludum Dare?
A: Ludum Dare is one of the world’s largest and longest running Game Jam events where creators are challenged to make a game in a single weekend.
Q: Can anyone participate?
A: YES!!! The event is free and open to the public. People with all kinds of backgrounds can participate.
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: You need to bring 5 things:
1. A lot of energy, good spirit and great ideas 😀
2. Your computer with all your favourite tools installed, updated, and ready to go. Plus don’t forget to bring extension cords and UTP cables (just in case if you have stationary PC).
Some tools for artists: Photoshop, Gimp, Mari, Substance, Blender, Maya, 3ds Max etc.
Some tools for programmers: Unity, Unreal, GameMaker, Godot, Visual Studio, Sublime, VS Code (basically your favourite editor) and some Git client like Source tree.
3. Some utilities that will make your sleep at the event more restful:
– Armaflex or Turbo Maximus
– Sleeping bag or blanket
– Something cosy to wear. That also a good rule in general. Don’t come in a fancy shirt or tight jeans.
4. Personal hygiene stuff that is basically the same stuff that you would bring to camping:
– Toothbrush and toothpaste
5. Some snacks and water bottle. There is also a fridge to store snacks. But don’t overdo it. There will be also a lot of stores open so you could buy stuff and there is a kitchen if you want to prepare something.
Q: Will there be food and drinks?
A: Games Slovenia will provide some food (a.k.a pizzas) and some drinks. But please keep in mind that you must also bring your own food. There are a lot of stores in the vicinity such as Lidl and Spar.
Q: What about parking?
A: There is a lot of parking spots around the place. Plus there is a garage house near http://bit.ly/ParkirnaHisaAtlantis)
Q: Does this place have showers?
A: Unfortunately no, but if you want you can go to Atlantis (http://bit.ly/AtlantisVodnoMesto).
Q: On https://ldjam.com says that game jam lasts for 72 hours. Is there a mistake?
A: No, it’s not a mistake. A decision was made that on-site game jam will last only 36 hours. But you could work on game whole 72 hours.
Q: Can I work remotely?
A: Absolutely, but the whole point of on-site jam is to collaborate in person.